BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2024: Banaras Hindu University(BHU) is one of the most prestigious universities in India. The university organizes Research Entrance Test(RET) every year to take candidates for Ph.D., M.Phil, and integrated PhD-M.Phil courses. After the written exam, the interview round is conducted. The BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2024 contains two parts in the exam.
Candidates have to make sure they have read and understood all the eligibility conditions and exam patterns to be able to apply and find the eligibility. Here is the article regarding eligibility criteria, exam pattern, how to apply, selection procedure, important dates for the post of BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2024.
Eligibility Criteria for BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in a subject or professional qualification that is equivalent to a Master’s degree announced by the relevant legal supervisory authority with at least 55% marks.
- For SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories, the score must be at least 5% or the relaxation level is the same as the decision of UGC, and candidates who are waiting for their NET results are also allowed to apply for BHU.
How to get Ph.D. at Banaras Hindu University?
- The BHU announces the procedures for the Ph.D. admission application form.
- Interested candidates should apply from the university.
- Candidates will be selected through BHU RET
- Candidates need to apply through the official site only.
- The payment mode of the application will be online mode only mode of application will be accepted.
Important Dates for BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2024
|Date of Examination
BHU Ph.D. Admission 2024
- The candidate should visit the official website and scroll down the home page and you will get a link.
- The candidate must register himself and create a password and other relevant information.
- The candidate must fill the all the details in the application form like candidate name, address, etc.
- The candidate should pay the application fee through a debit card, credit card, and net banking.
- The candidate should download the application form for future reference.
Selection Procedure for BHU Ph.D. Entrance Test
- Candidates will be selected through the Ph.D. entrance test organized by BHU itself.
- The candidates need to appear in both papers.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 50% aggregate in paper 1 and paper 2. For reserved category candidates, the relaxation is 5% marks from 50% to 45% will apply.
- The university will release the results on the website after the written test is finished.
- BHU Ph.D. Exam Pattern
- The exam will be in the English language, exceptions in language papers will be provided.
- The tests in public administration, sociology, social work, police management, and music will be conducted in English, Hindi.
The exam will be split into two parts, one to test the subject-specific knowledge of the candidate and another to test the research abilities.
|Type of Questions
There is no negative marking for any incorrect answers.
This round will be the interview round. Candidates who secure at least 35% in the Part A examination will be taken into further consideration.
Documents Required for BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Bank Passbook with photo
- Driving License
- Pan Card
- Valid Government ID Number
- Admit Card issued by the concerned Boards
How to prepare for BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2024?
Candidates who are planning to apply for BHU Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2024 will start preparing without wasting any other time. The candidates will prepare for the same by giving mock tests.
Endnote: Keep on visiting this page and if any queries regarding this post comment here to avail more information on Banaras Hindu University.