CA CPT Application Form 2023 | Eligibility Criteria | Exam Pattern: Chartered Accountant (CA) Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is an entry-level examination that is organized at the national level and is conducted twice a year by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Every year the exam will be conducted in the month of June and December. The candidates who qualify for the test will be shortlisted for the Chartered Accountancy Proficiency.
The test contains four subjects such as accounting, mercantile laws, general economics, and quantitative aptitude to test basic knowledge in these subject areas. For the CA CPT exam, the candidate is eligible after passing the 12th standard or equivalent. The candidates who are interested to apply can check the details such as the application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, etc for the post of CA CPT Application Form 2023.
Overview of CA CPT 2023
|Name of the Exam||Chartered Accountants Common Proficiency Test|
|Conducting Body||Chartered Accountants of India|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Medium of Exam||English or Hindi|
|Official Site||Icaiexam. icai|
Eligibility Criteria for CA CPT Recruitment
- The candidate should have passed the 10th and 12th examinations from a recognized board.
- The student who has done graduation in commerce and aggregate marks of at least 55% marks.
- The candidate must hold an undergraduate or post-graduate degree from an open university in the entry-level test.
- Those who are eligible and interested candidates can apply for CA CPT.
CA CPT 2023 Application Form
- The candidate must visit the official site and register by filling in the details.
- The candidates will have to fill in the details like name of the candidate, date of birth, mobile number, gender, etc.
- Submit the form and log in with your id and password.
- Enter the details like mother name, father name, address, category, nationality, and educational qualification.
- The candidate must upload a recent passport-sized photograph.
- The candidate should pay the application fee by using a debit card, credit card, and internet banking.
- They need to take a printout of the application form for future purposes.
CA CPT Application Fee
The payment process will be different for different categories and the mode of payment will be a debit card, credit card, and net banking.
|Category||Application Fee||Application Late Fee|
|For exam centers in India||INR 1000||INR 600|
|For exam centers in Kathmandu||INR 1700||INR 600|
|For exam centers in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, and Muscat||$ 300||$10|
- The CA CPT exam will be conducted in two shifts.
- The first shift will be in the morning and the timings are 10:30 a.m to 12: 30 p.m
- The other shift will be in the afternoon and the timings are 2:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m
- The question paper contains objective-type questions.
- The exam contains 200 marks and there will be a negative marking of 1/4 marks allotted to a question.
Fundamentals of Accounting
- Theoretical Framework
- Introduction to Company Accountants
- Accounting Process
- Partnership Accounts
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Depreciation Accounting
- Preparation of Final Accounts
- Accounting for Special Transactions
The Indian Contract Act, 1872 an overview of sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of the contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract, performance of the contract, and breach of contract.
The Indian Partnership Act, 1932: General nature of partnership rights, duties of partners, registration and dissolution of a firm.
The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale, conditions, and warranties, transfer of ownership, and delivery of goods unpaid seller and his rights.
- Micro Economics
- Indian Economy
- Indian Economic Development
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Economic Reforms in India
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Select Aspects of the Indian Economy
- Money and Banking
- Ration and Proportion
- Sequence and Series
- Limits and Continuity
- Correlation and Regression
- Theoretical Distributions
- Sampling Theory
- Index Numbers
- Simple and Compound Interest
The admit card will get released on the official site. The admit card will be issued to the registered candidates through online mode. Candidates need to enter their login id and password and have to download the admit card. The admit card contains candidate details and examinations. The candidate must bring mandatory documents for the exam.
The answer key will be released by ICAI. The answer key will lead the candidate to estimate the answers by verifying their responses as marked in the exam.
The result will be announced after the exam is completed. To verify the result the candidate should visit the official site. The candidate must log in to their registered account and the result will be displayed on the screen.
Endnote: The candidate must verify the page to avail more information and keep on visiting this page for more updates.