NIOS Admission 2023 | Eligibility Criteria | Application Form: National Institute of Open School (NIOS) has started the registration for NIOS admission 2023 on the official website. Admission will be offered to the interested candidates in the National Institute of Open Schooling in different streams to their eligibility.
Candidates can apply for admission through online mode. The admission will be offered in secondary and senior secondary courses divided into four different streams. It was established by the ministry of human resource development of the Government of India. It offers vocational courses after high school. After successfully registering for the NIOS candidate need to pay a NIOS registration fee based on their class and category.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Secondary Course
- For block I the candidate must have the age of 14 years.
- For block II the candidate must have the age of 15 years.
- The candidate must be possessed a VIII class certificate from a recognized board with proof of minimum qualification.
Eligibility Criteria for Higher Secondary Course
- The candidate must have attained the age of 15 years for the block I.
- Candidates age must have 16 years of age for block II.
- The candidate must have a 10th class certificate from a recognized board.
NIOS Admission 2023 Process
- National Institute of Open Schooling conducts NIOS admission for tenth and 12th standards. The NIOS admissions are started twice a year in March and September for I and II exams.
- Block 2 exams will be held in the month of October 2023.
- The candidate needs to submit an admission form for NIOS on the official website.
- Pay the application fee and upload the needed documents and submit the admission form.
The candidate must make a payment through an online process. The payment can be done by using a debit card, credit card, and internet banking. In case of cancellation of admission, the application fee will be refunded.
- Date of birth certificate
- Recent passport size color photograph
- Identity proof like aadhaar card, ration card, passport, etc
- 8th or 10th class mark sheet
- Residence proof like aadhaar card, electricity bill, voter id card, water bill, or ration card.
- Caste certificate for students who have categorized themselves under SC, ST, or OBC.
- Ex-serviceman certificate
- Disability certificate for the candidates belonging to the PWD category
Advantages of NIOS Admission 2023
The candidate who is in the sports field and is required to spend most of their time in their sports can take NIOS admission 2023 for more time to practice their sports.
NIOS can give time for the candidates to work and earn money if the financial condition of the family is not good and do the work in NIOS. In order to work in NIOS, the candidate’s age should be more than 14 years of age as per the employment.
NIOS Block I (April) Admission Dates
|Admission with Normal Fee||March|
|Admission with Late Fee 200/-||August|
|Late Fee 400/-||August|
|Late Fee 700/-||September|
NIOS Admission 2023 October Dates
|NIOS Admission Registration||September|
|Last Date for Admission||January|
|Admission with Late Fee 200/-||February|
|NIOS Admission Late Fee 400/-||February|
|NIOS Online Admission Late Fee 700/-||March|
|NIOS Exam Date||October|
Endnote: To avail more information on NIOS keep on visiting this site for more updates.