Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Bima Yojana 2023 | Benefits | Apply Online: Sukanya savings scheme under the government of India to save for the entire expenditure of girls from birth to their marriage. The scheme mainly focuses on encouraging the parents of the female child to future education and marriage. The scheme was started on 22nd January 2015 by PM Narendra Modi. This scheme provides an interest rate of 8.4% and tax benefits to every account opened at any post office of authorized commercial banks in the country. In this article, we discuss Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Bima Yojana.
About Sukanya Bima Yojana
Sukanya Bima Yojana is a saving scheme by the government of India, which is aimed at the betterment of India, which is aimed at the betterment of girl children in India. The aim of the scheme is to help the parents with higher education and other expenses for their girl child.
Overview of Sukanya Bima Scheme 2023
|Scheme Name||Sukanya Bima Yojana|
|Launch of the Plan||By the Central Government|
|Scheme Beneficiaries||Under 10 years of girls|
|Benefits of the Scheme||Savings Scheme for Girl’s Education and Marriage|
|Investment Plan||Minimum 250 and Maximum 1,50,000|
Eligibility for Samrudhi Yojana
- Only parents or legal guardians of the girl child can open a Sukanya Bima account in the name of the girl.
- Only two girls from a family are eligible for this scheme.
- If there are two twin girls in a family, then those girls will be considered as one.
- The girl child should be less than ten years at the time of account opening which will be operative till the girl reaches the age of 21 years.
- The initial investment for opening an account is 250/- which can reach a maximum amount of 150000/- annually with further deposits in the multiples of 100/-
- There can be only one account per child under the Sukanya Bhima Yojana.
List of Some Banks for Scheme
- Bank of India
- Axis Bank
- UCO Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- United Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- Vijay Bank
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Aadhaar Card of Parents
- Birth Certificate of Girl Child
- Address Proof
- Medical Certificate
How to Pay for Sukanya Online?
- To make the payment process more convenient, the scheme allows deposits from the online mode and visits to the official site.
- Candidates must download Indian Post Payments Bank app.
- Transfer the money from your current bank account to your IPBP account.
- Click on Sukanya Bima Yojana account link.
- Enter the account number and customer ID of your SSY account.
- Choose the amount you have to deposit in the SSY account and the duration.
- Once you get the confirmation, your payment is successful and your payment routine is set up.
- There is no tax on the amount of profit received on the amount deposited under the Sukanya Yojana. There will be no need to pay any kind of tax.
The amount deposited under this scheme, when the age of the girl becomes one year, then she can withdraw the amount deposited in this scheme. The interest amount is also given on this amount.
How to Withdraw Money from Sukanya 2023?
Marriage of a Girl: If a girl gets married before 21 years and after 18 years, then in that case the money deposited in the scheme can be withdrawn.
Death of the Account: If an account holder dies accidentally, then, in that case, the money deposited in the scheme can be withdrawn.
Inability to Continue the Scheme: If an applicant is unable to continue the scheme or cannot deposit money, then he can close this account and withdraw all the money deposited in it.
Endnote: If any queries regarding the post on Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Bima Yojana 2023 comment here and keep on visiting this site for more updates.