UPSC CAPF 2023 | Eligibility Criteria | Exam Date: The Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts the Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF) to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Commandants. Eligible candidates get appointed as Assistant commandants in BSF, CRPF, CISF, and SSB. Here in this article, we know about the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus for the post of UPSC CAPF 2023.
The Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF) role is to defend the national interest mainly against internal threats. Women were not recruited for the Central Armed Police Forces but later woman was also selected as commandants. The role of women was allowed but limited to supervisory roles in CAPF. The Union Home Minister announced that women’s representation in the CRPF and CISF would be made 15 percent while 5 percent in BSF, ITBP, and SSB.
Overview of UPSC CAPF 2023
|Name of the Exam||UPSC CAPF 2023|
|Conducting||Union Public Service Commission|
|Type of the Exam||Central Level Recruitment|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CAPF 2023
Age Limit: The candidate must be a citizen of India. The age of the candidate must be a minimum of 20 years and a maximum of 25 years. The candidate must be physically fit and the measurement for height, and health.
Educational Qualification: The candidate who wants to apply for the post must complete a graduate degree from a recognized university.
- There is no application fee for SC/ST category and female candidates.
- The payment can be done through debit cards, credit cards, and internet banking. The application fee will not be refunded once paid.
Physical Standards for UPSC CAPF 2023
Height: 165 cms
Chest: 81 cms
Weight: 50 kg
Height: 157 cms
Weight: 46 kg
Physical Efficiency Tests(PET)
|100 mt. Race||16 sec||18 sec|
|800 mt. Race||3 min 45 sec||4 min 45 sec|
|Long Jump||3.5 mt||3.0 mt|
The selection process can be of three stages.
- Written Examination
- Physical and Medical Examination
- Physical and Efficiency Test
Exam Pattern for UPSC CAPF 2023
The exam contains two papers
Paper-1 contains General Ability and Intelligence subjects
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Language||English and Hindi|
Paper-2 contains General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension and the paper type is descriptive type.
|Questions Type||Descriptive Type Questions|
|Negative Marking||1/3 marks will be deducted|
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- General Science
- General Mental Ability
- History of India
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian and World Geography
The essay questions are in the long narrative form either in Hindi or English language and the topics are
- Polity and Economy
- Knowledge of Security
- Human Rights Issues
- Modern History
- Analytical Ability
- Simple Grammar
- Language Testing
- Comprehension Passages
|The application form will be available from||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last Date to fill out the application form||1st week of May 2023|
|Examination Date||1st Week of August 2023|
Candidates can visit the official website to check the result. The qualified candidates have to appear for physical standards and physical efficiency tests and medical standards tests.
How to apply for UPSC CAPF 2023?
- The interested candidates can apply for CARF 2023 and the method is only online mode.
- Fill in all the details such as name, parent’s name, education qualification, date of birth, residential and permanent address, email ID, mobile number, etc.
- Candidates must upload the passport size photo and signature.
- Pay the application fee by using a debit card, credit card, and internet banking.
- Before submitting the application verify the details in the application form.
- Take a printout copy of the application form for future reference.
Endnote: If you have any queries regarding the post of UPSC CAPF 2023 comment here we will provide more information.