UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023 | Apply Online: The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and is one of the most desired examinations in the country. The exams will be more competitive and interested candidates can apply for civil services. The UPSC calendar is released and verifies those who want to wish to appear in the exam. UPSC Civil Services is also known as the IAS exam and the exam will be conducted once every year.
This is the best opportunity for all the candidates who are preparing for the exam. Candidates can download the calendar from the official site of UPSC. Candidates who pass the preliminary examination will qualify for the main examination. Here is the article about eligibility criteria, educational qualifications, how to apply, and exam dates for the post of UPSC exam date 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Services
Age Limit: The candidate’s age must be a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 32 years.
Educational Qualification: The candidate should complete a graduate degree or final-year student from a recognized university.
Important Dates for UPSC 2023
|Events||UPSC Exam Dates|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/Examination||15 January 2023|
|Engineering Services ( Preliminary) Examination||19 February 2023|
|Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination||19 February 2023|
|Reserved for UPSC RT / Examination||19 February 2023|
|CBI (DSP) LDCE||11 March 2023|
|CISF AC (EXE) LDCE||12 March 2023|
|Reserved for UPSC RT / Examination||12 March 2023|
|NDA and NA Examination (I)||16 April 2023|
|CDS Exam (I)||16 April 2023|
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination||28 May 2023|
|I.E.S / I.S.S Examination||23 June 2023|
|Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination||24 June 2023|
|Engineering Services (Main) Examination||25 June 2023|
|Reserved for UPSC RT / Examination||02 July 2023|
|Combined Medical Services Examination||16 July 2023|
|Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination||06 August 2023|
|Reserved for UPSC RT / Examination||20 August 2023|
|N.D.A and N.A Examination (II) and C.D.S Examination (II)||03 September 2023|
|Civil Services (Main) Examination||15 September 2023|
|Reserved for UPSC RT / Examination||08 October 2023|
|Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination||26 November 2023|
|S.O./ Steno (GD – B/ GD – I) LDCE||09 December 2023|
|Reserved for UPSC RT / Examination||17 December 2023|
UPSC Prelims Exam
- The prelims exam contains two papers and both papers are objective-type questions.
- In the prelims exam, there is a negative marking for every incorrect answer.
- The candidates who are getting a minimum of 66 marks on the paper.
- Mains exam is a theory-based paper and the candidate has to select the answer from the options.
- There are nine papers out of which two language papers are of qualifying nature.
- The candidate has to secure at least 30 percent in the Indian language paper.
- The candidate has to select one optional subject and there are two optional papers.
- The language papers are of 300 marks and the remaining seven papers are of 250 marks.
UPSC Exam Syllabus
|General Studies Paper-I||General Studies Paper-II|
|Current Events of National and International||General Mental Ability|
|Indian and World Geography like Physical, Social, Economic||Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability|
|Indian Polity and Governance like the Constitution, Form of Government, Panchayat Rule, etc||Basic Numeracy|
|General Issues of Environment, Ecology, Climate Change||Data Interpretation|
|Economic and Social Development like Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc||Decision-making and problem-solving|
|History of India and the Indian National Movement||Interpersonal Skills together with Communication Skills|
Selection Process for UPSC Civil Services
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Personality Test
How to apply for UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2023?
- Candidate must visit the official site of UPSC.
- Fill out the details within the application form like personal information, educational details, and other information.
- Check all the details within the application form carefully.
- Candidates should upload passport-size photographs, signatures, and other documents.
- The payment is done through a debit card, credit card, and internet banking.
- Submit the application fee and take a soft copy of the application form for future reference.
Endnote: We hope that once reading the article you have got the elaborated data relating to UPSC eligibility criteria 2023. If you have got any queries then comment below we are going to give you more information.